Lynn with the Conference Center across the street.
This is one of my favorite views of the Salt Lake Temple. Taken from the Conference Center.

I know this is a rediculous picture of me; but maybe it shows how happy I am to be at the Conference Center. I was about to start the tour for our friends from Ft Rucker, Alabama.
A great day in my life was today at the Conference Center when they read a letter that someone had sent in to the Conference Center. It was hand written and dated August 6, 2010 and the return address was Richart, 10417 Bellmar Ave, Downey, CA 90242.
(now you don't have to wonder why I named this "braggersblog")
The Letter read:
"Dear Volunteers of the Conference Center,
We enjoyed our tour at the Conference Center on Tuesday after 1:00pm. Edy Pherson was our tour guide. She was wonderful and very knowledgeable about the center. Her ability to answer all our questions made us feel at home. Her smile and presentation of the different areas also made us feel welcome. She was very patient with us. This was a wonderful bonus to our day in Salt Lake.
Thank you, Sister Teddie Richart, Pat Bledsoe, Lu Engstrom, Pat Huerta, Lydia Felix"
There is a place where they can make comments after their tour; but this was certainly going the extra mile to send this letter in to the Conference Center.
So I think I remember something of these 5 ladies. As I recall 1 or 2 were members and the others were not but the non-members really seemed like they wanted to know all they could. We are not there to proselite but do as the spirit directs and I really felt that day that I was being blessed to say certain things. The Conference Center is a special place!
4 comments:
That's awesome! Good for you!!!
They need to do a book on it! I looked for one at Deseret the other day and I was told that there hasn't been one done on it yet! You should suggest it....you might get a raise! ;)
I guess Deseret doesn't know everything. There is a book but it was published just after it opened. It probably isn't in print. I found a used one I was going to buy.
Oh mom that is SO wonderful!!! what a blessing it is for you two to serve there :0)
Post a Comment